Nick Diaz returns to the UFC octagon this weekend for the first time in six years when he faces off against Robbie Lawler.
The Stockton native took a lengthy hiatus from fighting after initially losing a bout to Anderson Silva in 2015 before it was later ruled a no-contest.
The 38-year-old has now picked former foe Lawler for his comeback fight in a five-round non-title scrap at UFC 266.
The bout will serve as a rematch for the pair’s original meeting back in 2004 at UFC 47 which saw Diaz emerge victorious with a second-round KO.
Diaz vs Lawler: Date and start time
This fight is on the undercard to UFC 266 and will take place on Saturday, September 25.
It is being held at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
For UK fans, Diaz v Lawler 2 will takes place in the early hours of Sunday morning as the main card is set to start at 3am.
The bout will serve as a co-main event ahead of a featherweight title fight between champion Alexander Volkanovski and Brian Ortega.
Diaz vs Lawler: TV and live stream
The action will be shown on BT Sport 1 and their coverage of the prelims will start from 1am.
It will be live streamed on BT Sport’s website and app for subscribers.
EE mobile customers will be able to get a FREE three-month trial of BT Sport by texting SPORT to 150. You can then cancel the trial at any time.
The early prelims will be shown on UFC’s Fight Pass and in the US, all prelim bouts will be simulcast on ABC and ESPN+.
Diaz vs Lawler: Fight card
- MAIN EVENT: Alexander Volkanovski vs Brian Ortega, Featherweight
- Valentina Shevchenko vs Lauren Murphy, Women’s Flyweight
- Nick Diaz vs Robbie Lawler, Welterweight
- Curtis Blaydes vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik, Heavyweight
- Jessica Andrade vs Cynthia Calvillo, Women’s Flyweight
- Marlon Moraes vs. Merab Dvalishvili, Bantamweight
- Dan Hooker vs. Nasrat Haqparast, Lightweight
- Shamil Abdurakhimov vs. Chris Daukaus, Heavyweight
- Manon Fiorot vs. Mayra Bueno Silva, Women’s Flyweight
- Karl Roberson vs. Nick Maximov, Middleweight
- Matthew Semelsberger vs. Martin Sano Jr, Welterweight
- Erin Blanchfield vs. Sarah Alpar, Women’s Flyweight
- Jalin Turner vs. Uros Medic, Lightweight
- Roxanne Modafferi vs Taila Santos, Women’s Flyweight
- Timur Valiev vs. Ricky Simon Bantamweight
- Omar Morales vs. Jonathan Pearce, Featherweight
Diaz vs Lawler: What has been said?
Diaz: “I’m actually way more of a dangerous fighter than I was when I fought Robbie Lawler the first time.
“I’m going to be really unstoppable having made the right decisions.”